'I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.'
-Charles C. Finn

Saturday 16 April 2011

Dream

I thought maybe I should take the time to speak of the dream I had last night, as it has stuck with me through the entire morning and I keep going back to thinking of it, trying to figure out why it disturbed me so. I'll try to tell it as close to what it was. Please be aware that two of the people in this dream are Characters from my old RolePlaying website. www.Rolepages.com (Vice Rosetta and Gazelle Kiley.)

We all awoke in a darkened room and as I began to rub at my eyes I saw the others. We all laid there sweating and slowly coming to our senses. When I open my mouth to speak no words would come out, no questions could be asked, and no pleas of help could be released. Barleys seconds past as we all attempted to communicate with one another, then a sliding steel door opened up ways. A stream of dim light peeled through the darkness, lighting up the face that I now embodied. 

A woman who sat beside me caressed my thigh with her own delicate white hand, this woman had dark waving hair and even with her face smeared in black and glistening with wetness her beauty shone through. This woman of black, pure black eyes pulled me to my feet, her fingers intertwining themselves with my own, and the enchanting lady known as Gazelle Kiley pulled me forward. 

We moved with a need of urgency, it was if she knew something I didn't, as if she could feel what lay before us, as if she knew I would need her to make it out of here. The others darted after us but soon we all split, went our separate ways in the twisting of curves and the lefts or rights. 

My feet moved as quickly as I could possibly let them land, and with every foot fall red slick muddied dirt made a sickening splat, spraying the shadows in a rusted unseen shade. The lean form of Gazelle moved with precision, she didn't stop to think of which way to turn, or which tunnel to dart through. While others moved towards the light she and I pushed forward in the shadows. 

every trip every fumble I encountered her hard strong arms we're there to catch me, pull me back up, and drag me fourth. 

Without notice a sudden cackle of unknown depths echoed around us, and long hot licking flames engulfed the walls around us, they moved with knowledge, the launched themselves at Miss. Killey. With terror beating through my veins, and the silence sinking in, I stood, I watched this woman burn, and there was nothing I could possibly do. They died out eventually and my dark angel lay nearly motionless on the ground. 

-Time lapse as I don't remember what happened after this part.-

The sound of dragging followed the thudding and splashing of by steel toed boots. Looking down to my arms was the charred and boiled body of my savior; I couldn't have left her behind. She was still alive, useless, but alive. 

Every bit of strength I had within me was used to pull her forward; there was a banging on a wall just behind us, nails dragging, and the dangling of what I would have assumed to be change. Glancing behind me I could make out the face of a male dark enough to blend into the shadows that had stalked me throughout this journey. My head snapping forward I saw a radiating glow coming from a hole barley big enough to fit through. 

I ran with everything I had, now dragging Gaz by her wrist behind me, I didn't look back again but I could hear this male chasing after us. 

Diving head first into this small opening in the wall I continued to pull at the limp woman, tugging, heaving, then a sickening rip, pop, snap, and detaching flesh was heard. Her arm came lose, came right off, the flaccid limb held tightly in my grip. I couldn't bring myself to let go but my eyes began to instantly pour out the salty watering. What had I done? 

-more time lapse of what I would assume to be crawling through this opening, Gazelle gone, and that male more than likely trying to free her from the hole in order to continue on. I would also assume that I made it out of the tunnel and scurried out the door way as quickly as possible.-

The breath of fresh air filled my lungs, the cool breeze hit every nerve in every right way in a shock of relief, my body was leaned against the outer wall as I took it all in. For reasons unknown I still held Gazelle's disfigured arm.

Then I the first squeal of laughter ripped through my peace, another, and then another. It sounded as if a pack of hyenas where standing right atop of me. Slowly raising my head to look, I was right, a dozen of masked humans paced with riffles in hand... waiting.

Going back into the building I once considered my tomb I looked around in panic, I was unarmed (pun intend) and alone. Dropping to my knees I began to dig through the mud, searching, seeking, and finding a clip... then a sweet little handgun. It may have not been much but it was better than nothing. Piecing it together I inhaled deeply for the last time in this room and darted out into the night. 

Plastic coverings of sheep masks taunted me while they danced in excitement. I pulled the trigger once, twice, hitting one, then the others fired with vengeance. Being a dream of course I made it out with no wounds, no pain, and Gazelle’s arms still locked in my grip. 

Running with no direction, no sight, no feeling I came to what looked to be a paused inclined conveyer belt. On both sides were a high plastic slab, and of course I must take this route. 

Placing my first foot on the belt it began to move, to push me off. Running forward with more effort than it should take I came to the top of the 'hill'. When reaching the peak I was greeted my mutilated beings, some were missing heads; others had chucks missing from their faces. Black oozing blood poured from each once, sticky and thick. 

Before I knew it I was surrounded by chomping mouths and ripping nails.

-at this point Marx had woken up, I could hear him calling for me and I awoke from this... dream of sorts.-


I would have gone into better detail with this and made it longer, but I'm off to go get the kids shots done, and then go to work, so I'm sort on time. Maybe one of these days I'll come back and edit it, but in the mean time I just wanted to get it out before I forgot it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment