'I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.'
-Charles C. Finn

Saturday 9 April 2011

Warrior Dash

So ladies and gentlemen, I was absent mindedly flipping through facebook the other day and I stumbled across an event called "The Warrior Dash". 
This looks absolutely amazing and I want to do it so badly! Not only do I want to do it, but I want to come in first place for the women. 
I think this is a GREAT goal to have, it should be fun, and it will give me a reason to whip my ass into better shape. With that said I'm giving myself a year to train, so to all my lovely Warriors who partake in the event, I will see you in 2012. 
Blood, sweat, mud, fire, and beer! 
Jesus the words alone get my engine roaring.

Welcome to my new obsession!

Not only are you getting an amazing challenge for yourself, meeting a ton of people who are just as potentially crazy as you are, but, there's live music, it runs over the course of two days so you get to hang out and enjoy the sun with a bunch of drunk nut jobs, and there's beer stands! This sounds like my kind of place. If fact, dare I say this, but, it almost sounds like more fun than the stampede. Oh, oh, OH! and a perfectly good excuse to mud wrestle! Jesus. Half naked women everywhere, and men! you know the more I talk of this place the more its beginning to sound like the perfect utopia. 

They are hosted all over the damn'd place, but not here in Alberta, go figures. There's one over in B.C. but  if I'm going to travel for this at all, I might as well go somewhere more interesting than British Columbia. Perhaps a trip to Texas, or Australia would add to the event for me. hmm.. lots of planning and lots of hard work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment